Important information about restaurants
On 17.11.2020 nationwide measures were introduced in Austria to restrict the spread of the coronavirus. These will remain in place until at least 06.12.2020. The measures include restrictions on leaving your home and meeting other people. Hospitality locations, accommodation providers, leisure facilities and most shops are closed. The health and safety of people in Tirol is the number one priority. We are currently working hard on bringing down the number of new infections to a safe level so that the region’s tourism industry can open up. We look forward to welcoming you as soon as possible. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy!
Which rules apply in restaurants, ski huts, mountain huts, bars and cafés?
Hospitality businesses can serve guests from 05:00 until 22:00 (currently). Guests in restaurants, cafés, huts, etc. must also provide their contact details for the purposes of contact tracing. The following things must be observed when visiting a restaurant:
- Face masks must be worn in enclosed areas when walking to and from your seat (also applies to entrance areas, toilets, self-service areas, etc.)
- Maintain a distance of at least one metre to other people outside your own group.
- Food and drink can only be consumed while seated.
- Wherever possible, book your table in advance.
- Group reservations are possible – however, a maximum of 6 people (indoors) or 12 people (outdoors) plus children are allowed to sit at a single table.
- Wherever possible, use contactless payment.
- Refrain from shaking hands and hugging people.
- Use of the hand sanitiser provided.
- Follow the instructions given by staff.
Will après-ski be possible this winter?
Legal regulations drastically restrict après-ski this winter and clearly stipulate that food and drink may only be consumed while seated. This applies to both indoor and outdoor areas. In detail:
- Staff and customers must wear a face masks in enclosed areas – except when eating and drinking.
- A maximum of 6 people (indoors) and 12 people (outdoors) plus children can sit at one table.
- Closing time is at 22:00 (currently).
- Please keep a safe distance from other people and groups.
- Allocated seating is available in indoor and outdoor areas.
- Food and drink may only be consumed while seated.